Huawei has finally its latest flagship Ascend smartphones – the Ascend P8 and Ascend P8 Max.
The Chinese manufacturer revealed details about devices at a press conference in London.
Huawei chief Richard Yu showcased the Huawei P8 handset and described it as the manufacturer’s best device yet. He said that it would take Huawei to the next level with technology and “unmistakable” design.
Huawei P8 features
The Huawei Ascend P8 will be 6.4mm thick and feature a 5.2-inch touchscreen, octa-core processor, 13 megapixel rear camera with anti shake technology and a DSLR level imaging processor. This means the phone will pack some serious power and it will be able to take some very high-quality pictures.
The camera also includes fast face detection and auto scene recognition technology. Yu said that auto scene recognition technology allows the phone’s camera to take four pictures at once and combine them for the best quality photograph.
The Huawei Ascend P8 also includes:
- Knuckle gesture technology that allows you to use your knuckle on the phone’s touch screen.
- An app power consumption firewall. This provides 2.3 extra days of standby time to the battery. Yu said that the p8 battery will last 1.5 days under normal usage and one day for heavy phone users.
- Voice+ technology. This reduces background noise cancellation, and reduces wind noise by 90 per cent, according to Yu.
- Super hands free that provides “crystal clear” conference calls within two metres of the device.
- Voice awake up+. This function will help make finding your phone less stressful. For example, if you say “Hi buddy, where are you,” the phone will respond with “Hi buddy, I’m over here.”
- WiFi+ technology, which helps you locate the strongest WiFi hotspot, instead of the closest.
- The Huawei P8 can also use Intelligent Roaming+ technology to connect to a network three times faster than before.
Huawei Ascend P8 versions
There will be two versions of the Huawei P8 available to buy. One will be dual nano-SIM 4G compatible and it will be available in silver, gold, black and grey.
Yu said: “The goal of Huawei P8 is to become the most user-friendly smartphone for consumers globally. Through in-depth market research, Huawei has addressed the most pressing pain points for premium smartphone users today.
“Building on the outstanding market performance of Huawei’s P series, we fully believe the Huawei P8 will become one of the most popular smartphones of 2015.”
Huawei Ascend P8 Max
The Huawei Ascent P8 Max was also shown off. It has the same features as the regular Huawei Ascend P8, but has a larger 6.4-inch screen and is thicker at 6.8mm.
There’s also a larger battery that provides 2.3 days of standard usage or 1.4 days of heavy usage.
Huawei Ascend P8 availability
Both the Huawei Ascend P8 and Huawei Ascend P8 Max will be available in 30 countries, including the UK, and Carphone Warehouse has been the first to confirm that they will stock the device.
The 16GB Huawei Ascend P8 will start from ¬499, whilst the 32GB will start from ¬599. The Huawei Ascend P8 Max will start from ¬549 for the 32GB model and ¬649 for the 64GB model.
For more on Huawei, visit What Mobile’s dedicated Huawei page.