Three has been quietly waiting to announce its pricing for the Apple iPad on contract, but has now revealed it will be bundling 15GB of mobile data per month, a huge increase on the allowance offered by Orange or T-Mobile.
Orange and T-Mobile is offering 1GB of mobile data, plus 1GB of quiet time (off-peak access) for £25 per month, or £27 if you’re not a existing customer. Orange is also offering unlimited Wi-Fi access with BT Openzone (but, with a 3GB fair use policy).
Three has made it more simple. £25 whether you have another Three contract or not, and 15GB of mobile data to use as you please. There’s no Wi-Fi access, but with such a huge allowance Three will probably argue that it’s not needed.
The prices are as follows – on a two-year contract at £25 per month:
- Apple iPad Wi-Fi+3G 16GB – £199
- Apple iPad Wi-Fi+3G 16GB – £249
- Apple iPad Wi-Fi+3G 16GB – £349
You can also buy the iPad at full price (£529, £599 and £699 respectively) and opt for pay-as-you-go or a monthly rolling contract:
- 1GB of mobile data – £7.50 per month
- 10GB of mobile data – £15 per month
- 1GB of mobile data for 30 days – £10 (prepay)
- 3GB of mobile data for 30 days – £20 (prepay)
We wonder if Orange and T-Mobile will now revise its own tariffs?