Orange has launched the San Francisco, an Android phone for under £100.
The San Francisco is one of a series of forthcoming affordable Android smartphones from Orange. It has been designed for use with Orange’s Dolphin pay as you go tariff, considered perfect for people who want access to thousands of apps on the go, plus the Internet.
Powered by Android OS 2.1, with 3G and HSDPA, the San Francisco has a 3.2-megapixel camera and a suite of Orange exclusive applications, such as Orange Wednesdays and Orange Maps. There’s also an integrated FM radio to complement the media player.
When topping up with £10 on the Dolphin tariff, users will receive inclusive Internet access and 300 free text messages.
The handsets, manufactured by ZTE (as the Blade in other markets), is available now from: www.orange.co.uk
- Android OS 2.1 (Eclair)
- 116 x 56.5 x 11.8 / 130g
- 480×800 pixel AMOLED display (capacitive)
- 600MHz Processor
- 3G + HSDPA
- 3-megapixel camera
- FM Radio
- 150MB internal memory + microSDHC (up to 32GB)
- 4 hours talktime / 9 days standby
- Applications and Features: Orange Maps (replacing Google Maps), Orange Messenger by Windows Live, Orange App Store, Email, Orange Wednesdays
- Android Market for access to standard Android applications