Could life be any sweeter as a OnePlus One owner? Not only are you fortunate enough to have one of the most exclusive, and best, Android handsets on the market, but now this: there’s a major update headed to your handset.
Entitled CM11S (83R) (catchy, we know) it should be rolling out right about now, so be sure to check within your device’s settings menu. And what treats will you be privy to with this sizeable new download?
The first thing OnePlus mentions is a more responsive touchscreen, which can only be a good thing, as well as a new lock screen. Then there’s the ability to take photos in .RAW format, if that’s your sort of thing. Audio is also improved, with the ability to play super high fidelity music. 24 bit, 96/192khz .FLAC, .ALAC and .WAV files can all be played without resampling.
ANT+ support has also been added. A key change to the openness of the OnePlus One’s wireless communications fields, this update essentially means you can now pair your device with more third-party tech like heart-rate monitors and the like. “Health is important” as the OnePlus team succinctly put it.
In addition to these major improvements, there’s also the following list:
- Added method for users to report bugs directly to Cyanogen.
- Added pause button during video recording.
- Improved battery life
- Fixed issues with camera exposure compensation stuck in ‘auto’.
- Fixed issues with ‘4G Preferred’ option not connecting to 3G data.
- Fixed issues with delay in torch activation.
- Fixed issues with unresponsive screen requiring reboot.
- Fixed issues with static in speaker when changing volume while headset plugged in.
- Fixed issues with rotation not triggering when rotated slowly.
- Fixed issues with Quiet Hours / system UI causing battery drain on last day of month.
- Fixed issues with camera not starting when LED torch is already on.
- Fixed issues with Bluetooth volume low on connection.
There’s some interesting tweaks in there, and ‘improved battery life’ is always nice to see. Any OPO owners out there? Download the update and let us know what you think. Are there any glaring flaws that you feel the team have missed?