It’s a rare thing these days to be given something for nothing, but that’s exactly what Sony Ericsson is going to do when it releases new software for the C905 Cyber-shot in mid-February.
The company announced today that: “The fantastic C905 Cyber-shot phone is now even better thanks to new software announced today by Sony Ericsson. The 8.1 megapixel camera phone has received tremendous feedback across the globe. This upgrade is designed to add extra value to a consumer’s camera phone experience, and make a fantastic product even better. Consumers who already own a C905 Cyber-shot™ phone can easily download the new applications from mid-February 2009 at www.sonyericsson.com“
The new features that will be offered on the phone are as follows:
- Smile Shutter (smile detection)
- YouTube client (upload and download videos via a dedicated Java application)
- Wayfinder 8 (the latest version of the Java based map and navigation software)
- Snapfish by Hewlett Packard (place print orders directly from your phone)
- SMS/MMS conversation style (look at an entire SMS or MMS conversation in a simple at-a-glance style)
Finally, C905 owners can also get a mini tripod (IM502) for their phone as an optional accessory.