Device will retail for £279 in the “coming weeks”
Motorola has announced its first device into its rugged portfolio with the addition of the Motorola ‘defy’.
The smartphone vendor has teamed with Bullitt Group to release the device which will feature an IP68 rating.
The Motorola defy can be submerged to depths of 1.5m for 35 minutes and is drop-proof to 1.8m.
The device also features a 48MP quad-camera, a 6.5-inch HD+ display and a 5,000mAh battery.
Full specs can be found below:
- Waterproof – up to 1.5m (5ft) for 35 minutes. Dual-sealed housing
- Sand, dust and dirt, humidity and salt mist resistant – IP68 certified
- Military standards, MIL-SPEC 810H temperature extreme survivability, vibration and tumble tests
- Drop tested repeatedly up to 1.8m (6ft) onto steel. Structurally reinforced PCB. High quality
lanyard to reduce drops
- Real-life resistant. Washable with soaps and mild disinfectants
- Powerful 5000mAh non-removable battery, 20W TurboPower ™ charging. USB Type C. Waterproof port. Up to two days battery life
- 6.5-inch; HD+ display protected by 0.7mm thick Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus™ and 0.5mm recess. Usable with wet fingers
- Android™ 10 (with upgrade to 11)
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™) 6
- Qualcomm SD662 2GHz octa-core processor
- 48MP f/1.8 main sensor + 2MP depth + 2MP macro, 8MP front camera
- Textured, extra grip design
- Programmable Shortcut Key with Push to Talk (PTT) mode
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- 3.5mm headset jack (waterproof)
- Dual SIM – Nano-SIM + microSD™
- 2-year warranty
- Android Enterprise support
- Security updates cover for 2 years
- Zero-touch support
- Available in forged green and black
The device will retail for £279 and will be available in the “coming weeks”.