Motorola has begun rolling out their anticipated Android Marshmallow update to select devices.
It seems that Motorola may be beginning to roll our their promised Android Marshmallow updates, as our Moto X Force has today received an update bringing the software up to version 6.0. Previously, the device was running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Motorola released a blog post back in October which revealed that several devices would get the update. The full list can be seen below:
- 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (3rd gen)
- 2015 Moto X Style (3rd gen)
- 2015 Moto X Play
- 2015 Moto G (3rd gen)
- 2014 Moto X Pure Edition in the US (2nd gen)
- 2014 Moto X in Latin America, Canada, Europe and Asia2 (2nd gen)
- 2014 Moto G and Moto G with 4G LTE2 (2nd gen)
- DROID Turbo
- 2014 Moto MAXX
- 2014 Moto Turbo
- Nexus 6
- Moto X Force
- DROID Turbo 2
- DROID Maxx 2
- 2015 Moto E with 4G LTE in Latin America, Canada, Europe and Asia2 (2nd Gen)
- 2015 Moto G Turbo Edition (3rd Gen)
While the company never specified when these would land, they did sign off the post by saying that there would be news ‘in the coming weeks’, with many predicting to a late December/ early January launch. Seems Motorola might be a bit ahead of schedule on this one.
For more on Motorola, visit What Mobile’s dedicated Motorola page.