Hot on the heels of LG’s Optimus 3D smartphone comes news that HTC’s EVO 3D is coming to the UK, and will be released in late July.
Unlike the LG Optimus 3D, HTC’s debut 3D phone comes with a higher-resolution display, faster dual-core processor (1.2GHz vs 1GHz) and a modified version of HTC Sense that brings 3D to the user interface itself.
The EVO 3D joins the HTC Sensation at the top-end of HTC’s family tree, featuring a qHD (540×960 pixel) display with a stereoscopic 3D panel that can be viewed without the need for glasses.
It’s accompanied by 3D stereo surround sound, and a 3D camera consisting of two individual 5-megapixel sensors with a wide, f/2.2 aperture for improved low-light performance. HD video can also be recorded at 30 frames per second and 720p. A ‘Tiltshift’ effect can be applied to give images the illusion of being scale models.
- 126x65x12.05mm / 170g
- Android 2.3 + HTC Sense UI
- Dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 1GB internal storage + 1GB RAM
- 4.3-inch 3D touchscreen (540×960 pixels)
- Dual 5-megapixel rear camera with autofocus and dual LED flash (2MP in 3D mode)
- 720p / 30fps HD recording (2D & 3D)
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dual-Band 3G / Quad-Band 2G + Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n & DLNA
- Bluetooth V3 + GPS
- MHL connector (micro-USB and HD output)
- 1,730mAh battery (up to 465 mins talktime, 420 hours standby)
- microSDHC memory card slot
Vodafone has announced that it will be one of the first networks to stock the EVO 3D. The operator has produced a video showing off the phone below and you can register/pre-order on the Vodafone retail website.