- Triple lens camera incorporating Sony’s Alpha technology and ZEISS optics calibrated specifically for Xperia
- Industry-leading autofocus camera technology offers up to 20 fps burst shooting with 60 times per second calculations and Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta” can record in multiple frame rates and offer more manual controls to enhance your cinematographic shooting experiences
- Audio quality as artists intended with sound tuned in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment, front stereo speakers, and new 360 Reality Audio with unique hardware decoding to optimise sound quality
- 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5” 4K HDR OLED display delivers unprecedented colour accuracy with Creator mode “powered by CineAlta”.
- Optimal speed and performance with next Generation 5G connectivity and Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 5G Mobile Platform, with high capacity 4000mAh battery with wireless charging.
Available to buy now from retailers across the UK, the new Xperia 1 II is built for speed with ultra-fast 5G connectivity and a triple-lens camera equipped with a host of industry-leading technology taken from Sony’s Alpha professional digital imaging models and ZEISS optics calibrated specifically for Xperia.
Xperia 1 II is the ultimate camera for the photography enthusiast, helping you capture like a pro by utilising AF technology developed for Alpha™ interchangeable lens cameras. Featuring a triple-lens rear camera, with three focal lengths of 16mm, 24mm and 70mm, Xperia 1 II offers continuous AF that performs AF/AE calculations at 60 times per second. Meaning Xperia 1 II has the world’s first AF/AE continuous tracking for high-speed shooting in a smartphone at a maximum of 20 fps with Sony’s Alpha award-winning Real-time Eye AF for both humans and animals.
For those more advanced photographers the new Photography Pro “technology from Alpha” has a user interface that allows manual control of the ISO, shutter speed and more. Plus, with a dual photo diode sensor, an auto-focus system that covers approximately 70 per cent of the sensor, the 3D iToF sensor[vi] and a new large 1/1.7” Exmor RS™ sensor for mobile, Xperia 1 II is 1.5x more sensitive than the previous model meaning its fast AF system even works well in low light conditions for high-quality images whatever the setting.
Or, for budding moviemakers, Cinematography Pro offers unprecedented colour accuracy with Creator mode “powered by CineAlta”, and Cinematic 21:9 4K HDR recording at 24/25/30/60fps and offer more manual controls to enhance your cinematographic shooting experiences.
Drawing on Sony’s expertise both in audio hardware and music entertainment, Xperia 1 II has been engineered to deliver a truly authentic listening experience with audio tuned in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment. It is also the world’s first smartphone to utilise Sony’s 360 Reality Audio technology to optimize sound quality when listening to music on global music and entertainment platform TIDAL. Best enjoyed through the front-facing speakers, wireless or wired headphones via the 3.5mm jack, Xperia 1 II brings you closer to the music than ever before.
To further immerse users in the entertainment experience, Sony’s latest flagship handset features a 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5” 4K HDR OLED display, which offers a cinematic experience while watching films as well as an unrestricted view for gameplay. Gamers can even combine their Xperia 1 II with PlayStation®4’s DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller for easy gaming anywhere.
All this is possible thanks to the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 5G Mobile Platform and the Snapdragon X55 5G Modem-RF system which lets you game, capture, stream and connect with staggering multi-gigabit 5G speeds. Plus, with IP65/68 water resistance, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 and a high capacity 4000mAh battery that is compatible with fast and wireless charging, you can game, create or stream content on the go without worrying about running out of juice.
Offered in Black, Xperia 1 II is available now from retailers across the UK. Tariffs start at just £39.37 per month from O2, with a £30 up-front cost, and £39.00 per month with £79.99 upfront from Carphone Warehouse.
Customers looking to get their hands on the Mirrored Slate colour can do so exclusively from Vodafone from Friday 19th June.