Today Three UK launches its new Pay As You Go Rewards programme, celebrating freedom and flexibility whilst rewarding the loyalty of those who are not quite ready to commit. On the Best Network for Data*, Three Pay As You Go customers can now benefit from a different free subscription each month, from some of the most loved digital partners.
Whilst millennials and Gen-Z-ers are often criticised for their reluctance to commit, new research** from Three suggests steering clear of commitment may be a smarter decision than some give credit for. Although it’s largely the difficulty of getting on the property ladder which has led to this group to be referred to as ‘Generation Rent’, the renting habits of this group extend much further than this. More than a third (37%) of the 16-30-year-olds questioned admit to renting their car, while 35% will happily rent entertainment and streaming services.
Recognising this desire to chop and change, Three has launched a loyalty programme for those who crave more flexibility. Pay As You Go Rewards gives customers the opportunity to earn points and redeem great rewards. Points build-up until a customer has enough to unlock a tier*** and choose a reward – a free digital subscription or a voucher towards a new phone or headphones (tier 2 upwards), providing discounts on a range of great tech. And for those who buy Three’s Unlimited Add-on, they get a free subscription, ‘instant reward’, every time.
Three has partnered with some of the most loved brands for Pay As You Go Rewards – including Headspace, hayu, Xbox, Rakuten TV, Tinder and Deliveroo – giving its customers access to the products and services they love the most.
Shadi Halliwell, Chief Marketing Officer at Three UK said, “Changing your mind can be a good thing and at Three, we want to celebrate that. Whether it’s a relationship, TV show or dinner, we recognise that many of our customers love to chop and change – and now they can have a different free subscription every month on us.
“Giving our customers the freedom to use their phone to do the things they love, has always been at the heart of what we do at Three. We are constantly looking at new ways to help our customers live their best mobile life. Phones are good and now even better with our Pay As You Go Rewards.”
The launch of Three’s Pay As You Go Rewards will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign – created by Wieden + Kennedy, with media planning by Mindshare – across a range of outdoor, radio and social media formats, including an interactive game and a competition to win a year’s salary.
To celebrate the launch of Pay As You Go Rewards, Three is hosting ‘InkDecision’; a pop-up temporary tattoo studio for the commitment-cautious:
- When: 12midday – 18:00, Saturday 16 March 2019
- Where: Three’s brand-new flagship store (297 Oxford Street, London W1C 2DY)
- What: Members of the public**** are invited to come down to the event to get one of the bespoke tattoo designs created by celebrated LA tattoo studio, inkbox, exclusively for Three UK. From motivational quotes – think ‘Carpe DMs’ – to other phone-inspired tongue-in-cheek body art, people can choose from a variety of designs, celebrating flexibility, freedom and the ability to change their mind with an incredible (and temporary) piece of artwork.
Latest posts by What Mobile (see all)
- Only three percent of our lives are spent ‘doing things we enjoy’ - 10:28, 23 Aug 2019
- Waze Signs Up YouTube Music As Newest Audio Player Partner - 09:41, 23 Aug 2019
- UK HOLIDAYMAKERS SPEND OVER 32 HOURS ON THEIR PHONES DURING A WEEK’S HOLIDAY - 22:47, 21 Aug 2019