1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in each Competition are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions taking place across Clark White Publishing Limited (which includes What Mobile and other websites and web pages operated by us), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules.
2. The promoter of Competitions is Clark White Publishing Limited of 8-10 Godson Street, London N1 9GZ. (“Clark White”).
3. Clark White reserves the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Rules (including the eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion with or without prior notice (i) in the event of any occurrence outside Clark White’s reasonable control, (ii) to ensure the competitions are run fairly and in an honourable manner, and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Clark White shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Clark White, any supplier that Clark White deems to be too closely connected to Clark White or any company involved in a Competition including, any advertising agency or website development company connected with the Competition or any subsidiary or associated companies of the same, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Clark White reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Clark White is aware or has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
6. By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Clark White reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify an entrant for submitting false or out of date information.
7. The address you provide with your Competition entry will be used to send any prizes. Competitions are only open to residents of the United Kingdom. Non-residents of United Kingdom are not eligible to enter.
8. The Competition is open to all those who are 18 or over in age.
9. Clark White reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
10. In the event that any Competition winner is subsequently disqualified from a Competition for any reason, Clark White, in its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement winner should be selected in accordance with the Competition criteria.
11. You may only enter a Competition once and multiple entries from the same email/IP address will be counted as one entry with any one of the entries being submitted being the entry counted. Where Clark White discovers or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any entrant has used any software or automated process either to answer questions, enter the Competition or to make bulk entries, Clark White may exclude such entries and disqualify the entrant from the Competition.
12. Competition entries must be made by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. There is no charge for the Competition. However, standard mobile data and internet connection charges may apply.
14. Clark White cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Clark White’s control.
15. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
16. Clark White does not accept responsibility for the safekeeping or return of any entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material. You should, therefore, ensure you retain a copy of your entry for your own records.
17. The winner of a correct entry is to be selected at random, he or she will be selected either by a computer process that produces verifiably random results or by an independent person, or under the supervision of an independent person. If the selection of a winning entry is open to subjective interpretation, an independent judge, or a panel that includes one independent member will be appointed. The decision of the judge(s) or panel shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
18. Prize winners will be notified in a timely manner. Return of any prize notification as undelivered or failure to reply as specified in the notification and within the time stated may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Only one prize per entry will be awarded.
19. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Clark White reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time at its sole discretion.
20. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
21. In consideration of Clark White agreeing to consider your entry, you agree that Clark White and third parties authorised by Clark White may use the entry across its Digital Products and Services and on any other media.
22. Your entry will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. In addition, you warrant that you have permission to use or feature any people, content or other material contained within your entry. Clark White reserves the right to screen, filter and/or monitor entries for this purpose.
23. Clark White cannot accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused to the competition prize either in post or during delivery to the winning entrant.
24. Clark White cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, or injury suffered by any entrant entering a Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
25. All entrants accept that the competition prizes may be an open box item that may have been previously used for review purposes.
26. Winners may be requested to take part in post event promotional activity and Clark White reserves the right to use the names and contact details of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
27. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and best practice. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Clark White for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Clark White to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries.
28. All Competitions and the Rules are and will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The Digital Products and Services are only intended to be accessed by residents in the United Kingdom. Clark White makes no representation that materials available across our Digital Products and Services comply with local laws in other jurisdictions.
29. You can contact us in relation to any Competition by writing to Clark White, 8-10 Godson Street, London N1 9GZ or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org