- O2 custom plans give customers complete control and flexibility over how and when they pay for their device.
- Customers can select their airtime plan, choose how much they pay up front and how they want to spread the remaining cost of their device– from 3 months up to 36 months.
A new way of paying for your devices comes to the market today as O2 shakes up the old habits of the mobile industry. The move responds to customers’ commitment phobia towards fixed contracts and the increasing need for flexibility.
From today, O2 pay monthly customers will have a new way of paying for their devices with the freedom to tailor an individual plan to suit their needs and lifestyle, choosing how much they pay for their new device upfront combined with the ability to spread the remaining cost of their device from 3 to 36 months, all at 0% APR.
This means every O2 customer gets the best value regardless of their contract length and will never pay for a device they already own, proving once more that O2 is the true customer champion as the only UK mobile network operator to offer this level of flexibility and transparency. This latest innovation builds on O2’s flexible tariffs, launched last November, which give customers the ability to increase or decrease the cost of their airtime plan each billing month, depending on how much data they anticipate using.
To help customers explore the different ways that they can tailor their plans O2 has launched an online calculator.
Using the calculator, new and existing customers can flex their upfront costs, contract duration and airtime plan to understand which option best suits their individual needs. Gone are the days of only being able to select fixed contracts. Customers will now be able to build a plan to suit them. With O2 custom plans they can choose:
- They can define their upfront payment.
- How many months they want to spread the remaining balance of their device from anywhere between 3 and 36 months (in one-month increments) at 0% APR.
- Their airtime tariff; and as their data needs change they can also change the tariff up or down per monthly billing cycle.
O2 devices are also now supplied unlocked from their sim and regardless of how many months customers choose to repay their device cost over, the total cost will remain the same. With our custom plans, O2 does not penalise customers by adding interest charging early termination fees, and customers are free to pay off their device in full, at any time. Furthermore, customers who want to upgrade can unlock the value in their latest device via O2 Recycle.
Customers can keep track of their data usage through the My O2 app. Data usage in the UK will be updated on the app every 30 minutes, while data usage in Europe may take up to 24 hours to update. This enables our customers to keep check their monthly usage to ensure they’re on the best value airtime plan for them and make the decision if they need to move their tariff up or down to suit their needs.
Custom plans are available on all pay monthly devices. For more information on custom plans, visit: www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans
Latest posts by What Mobile (see all)
- GENEROUS BRITS SPLURGE OVER £200M MORE ON CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PRESENTS THAN THEIR PARENTS DID A GENERATION AGO - 23:14, 27 Nov 2018
- Juice® Unveils Its New Super Charge Range of Power Delivery Plugs - 22:56, 27 Nov 2018
- Ear Candy: Hearing aids join the wearable tech revolution - 21:58, 27 Nov 2018