Sony Ericsson has launched the ‘Live with Walkman’ smartphone, with a powerful 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 5-megapixel camera with HD video recording and Facebook integration to allow music and media sharing.
The Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman has a 3.2-inch touchscreen, front-facing camera (for use with services such as Skype video calling) and Android 2.3.
Offering a wealth of social networking features, the phone also has Facebook integration that works with the gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar. The Media Discovery app allows you to see music and videos being recommended on Facebook by friends, while you can also recommend your own content.
The infinite button within the media player also brings up information about the artist, including links to music videos and lyrics.
Like other recently updated Xperia smartphones, the Live with Walkman also comes pre-loaded with the Qriocity music and video apps, supporting the Sony service that offers streamed music and video, for a monthly or per-film payment.
Another new feature, xLOUD, enhances the sound output from the integrated speakers – to boost the volume without distortion (users of the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc and neo can get this feature by performing a software update).
The Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman is due for release in Q4.
- Size/Weight: 56.5x106x14.2mm / 115g
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera, with LED flash & 720p HD video
- 3.2-inch, 320×480 pixel, 16.8m colour, TFT capacitive touchscreen & scratch resistant
- 320MB application memory + microSDHC card slot
- 2G: Quad-Band / 3G: Dual-Band with HSPA
- 1,200mAh battery: Up to 6hrs 42mins talktime / 850 hours standby (3G)
- 2GB microSD card supplied inbox