Rovio’s Angry Birds won the very first App of the Year award at The Carphone Warehouse Appy Awards, seeing 11 accolades handed out to the greatest smartphone apps.
The event was hosted by Richard Hammond and Amanda Byram, with awards handed out by special guests that included Peaches Geldof, Jodie Kidd, Sam Attwater, Reggie Yates, Dom Joly, James Cracknell and members of the judging panel that created an initial shortlist of 50 apps for members of the public to vote for.
Carphone Warehouse received over 30,000 votes in total, with winners on the night including Spotify, Facebook and Angry Birds bagging two awards.
The winners were:
- Best Game: Angry Birds
- Best Fashion App: eBay Fashion
- Best Lifestyle App: Amazon
- Best Money Saving App: Skype
- Best Music App: Spotify
- Best Photography App: Adobe Photoshop Express
- Best Sports App: Sky Sports News
- Best Time Saver App: Google Maps
- Best Time Waster App: Facebook
- Best Travel App: TripAdvisor
- App of the Year: Angry Birds
Photos & Video